Thursday 21 January 2010

Temperature

Originally I was going to use a pic chip to read the temperature of the water. When the water reaches predetermined heats lights would turn on to indicate the water is ready for brewing.

While scrolling the internet I came across the classic Galileo thermometer, mainly used in the household the thermometer generally reads between the temperatures of 18C to 26C but could I use this method to tell the temperature of the water being heated for my tea?

Galileo thermometers work on the principle of changing densities in water and each bulb has a slightly different weight calculated to float at a certain temperatures but when the water goes above this temperature the bulb will sink.
I believe that this method of taking the temperature is a more elegant alternative to using electronics and lights.

More experimentation will be required to check this method will work so more updates will follow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment